CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 16 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (1-0) makes its first road trip of the season, traveling to Elon (1-0) on Saturday, Feb. 16. Opening draw is set for 1 p.m. at Rudd Field in Elon, N.C.
HOW TO WATCH
Links for the free live stream and live stats can be found on VirginiaSports.com. Follow @UVAWomensLax twitter for in-game updates.
- Virginia improved to 17-7 under head coach Julie Myers in season openers.
- The Cavaliers are 1-0 against teams ranked in the IWLCA Coaches Poll. 12 of UVA’s 17 opponents are ranked in the poll.
- Four players had multiple goals in the opener for the Cavaliers.
- Senior Avery Shoemaker (Wyndmoor, Pa.) now has 15 career hat tricks after scoring four goals in against Navy. Shoemaker extended her goals streak to 13 consecutive games, while senior Maggie Jackson (Alexandria, Va.) and junior Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.Y.) have scored in eight and seven games straight, respectively.
VIRGINIA vs. ELON
- Saturday is the fourth meeting between UVA and Elon.
- Elon won the first ever meeting in 2017, but the Cavaliers have taken the last two.
- UVA and Elon met twice in 2017, with the Phoenix taking the season-opener 11-10. UVA won the second meeting 11-9 in the NCAA First Round.
- The teams opened the 2018 season, with UVA winning 17-4.
- Elon opened its season with a 15-5 win over Campbell last Saturday (Feb. 9).
- Mae McGlynn scored a career-high five goals and Bella Feldman added four. Both players earned CAA weekly honors.
- Paulina DiFatta had 15 saves in the net for the Phoenix.
- Elon returns four starters from 2018.
Virginia will remain on the road for a mid-week matchup at Richmond on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at 5 p.m. at Robins Stadium in Richmond, Va.