CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.- Six members of the Virginia men’s and women’s squash teams will compete at the College Squash Association Individual Championships beginning on Friday (March 1) in Providence, R.I. Matches for the three-day tournament will be held at Brown University or Moses Brown School.
Freshmen Will Holey (Greenwich, Conn.) and Patrick McElroy (Brookline, Mass.) will represent the men’s team at the Molloy Cup, while sophomore Emily Woodworth (Weston, Mass.) and freshmen Caroline Baldwin (Rye, N.Y.), Mandy Haywood (Christ Church, Barbados) and Emma Jinks (Stratford, Prince Edward Island) will compete for the women at the Holleran Cup.
Follow the Action
Fans can watch the action through a live stream provided by the CSA. The stream will switch between courts based on action. Links to the stream and live scoring are available at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team’s official Twitter account (@UVASquash).
First Round Matchups
|9:00 a.m.||Molloy Cup South||Will Holey||Senen Ubina (Navy)|
|9:00 a.m.||Holleran Cup North||Emily Woodworth||Amita Gondi (Stanford)|
|9:40 a.m.||Holleran Cup West||Caroline Baldwin||Lily Zelov (Cornell)|
|12:20 p.m.||Holleran Cup South||Emma Jinks||Sydney Ku (Colby)|
|1:30 p.m.||Holleran Cup South||Mandy Haywood||Lakeesha Rarere (Trinity)|
|2:50 p.m.||Molloy Cup East||Patrick McElroy||Mohammad Harith Khawja (Amherst)|
• Competing in the Molloy Cup South, Holey opens the tournament against Senen Ubina (Navy) at 9 a.m. on Friday. He finished the year playing in the No. 2 position where he recorded a 4-9 record.
• McElroy will compete in the Molloy Cup East and will open the tournament against Mohammad Harith Khawaja (Amherst) at 2:50 p.m. on Friday. During the season, he played at the top of Virginia’s ladder, posting a 10-11 record for the season. McElroy recorded wins in six out of his nine matches that went into extra games. He has swept four matchups during the season.
• In the Holleran Cup, Woodworth will face Amita Gondi (Stanford) in the North division at 9 a.m. on Friday. The sophomore finished the season with a 14-9 overall record. She played in the top five positions on the Cavaliers’ ladder, ending the year as the team’s No. 3.
• Baldwin opens the Holleran Cup West against Lily Zelov (Cornell) at 9:40 a.m. on Friday. In her first season with the Cavaliers, Baldwin recorded a 15-8 overall record. She went 8-2 in her last 10 matches, including recording two wins in the No. 5 position at the Kurtz Cup.
• Haywood will compete in the Holleran Cup South at 1:30 p.m. on Friday against Lakeesha Rarere (Trinity). She finished the year as the Cavaliers’ No. 2, recording a 6-2 record in that position. Haywood finished the season with an 11-8 overall record.
• Joining Haywood in the Holleran Cup South, Jinks will play Sydney Ku (Colby) at 12:20 p.m. on Friday. Jinks holds a 14-8 overall records, playing as the Cavaliers’ No. 1. Additionally, she finished the season with a 7-3 record in her last 10 matches.