CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (9-4) will host No. 2 Maryland (12-0) on Wednesday, April 3 at 7 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra through ESPN3 or the WatchESPN app. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Virginia is coming off a 16-9 loss at No. 1 Boston College on Saturday.
- The Cavaliers have played their last six games against ranked opponents.
- UVA is now 5-4 in games against ranked opponents this season.
- Virginia is averaging 13.77 goals per game and 10.15 goals against.
- Junior Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.Y.) and sophomore Ashlyn McGovern (Phoenix, Md.) each finished with hat tricks at BC.
- Mueller leads the Cavaliers with 49 points (32 goals, 17) assists this season.
- Senior Maggie Jackson (Alexandria, Va.) has 48 points (23 goals, 25 assists) and senior Avery Shoemaker (Wyndmoor, Pa.) has 47 points (35 goals, 12 assists).
VIRGINIA VS. MARYLAND
- UVA and Maryland are meeting for the 61st time in a series that dates back to 1978.
- The teams have met all but three years since the series opener. It is the most games against an opponent for the Cavaliers.
- Maryland has a 43-17 advantage in the series.
- Virginia is looking to end a 13-game losing streak to the Terrapins.
- Maryland leads 14-9 in games played in Charlottesville.
- The last win for the Cavaliers was a 10-9 overtime victory at home in 2008.
- Maryland is coming off wins over then-No. 14 Princeton, 15-7, and Rutgers, 20-3, last week.
- The Terrapins are averaging 16.08 goals per game to rank seventh in the NCAA and are third in the nation with 6.75 goals against.
- Jen Giles leads Maryland with 48 points on 34 goals and 14 assists.
- Kali Hartshorn is 17th nationally with 6.33 draw controls per game.
- Goalkeeper Megan Taylor leads the nation with a .604 save percentage.
Fans can purchase tickets single game tickets in advance on VirginiaSports.com or by calling the Virginia Ticket office at 800-542-UVA1 (8821) or 434-924-UVA1 (8821). Advanced tickets are $8 (reserved) and $5 (general admission). Tickets at the gate will be $10 (reserved) and $8 (general admission).
CLEAR BAG POLICY
There is a “Clear Bag” policy in place at Klöckner Stadium.
Virginia will play at Penn State on Sunday, April 7 at 1 p.m. in State College, Pa.