CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (9-5) will play its last regular-season road game at Penn State (5-6) on Sunday, April 7 at 1 p.m. at Panzer Stadium in University Park, Pa.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on the Big Ten Network Plus. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Virginia is coming off a 16-6 loss to No. 2 Maryland on Wednesday.
- Senior Avery Shoemaker (Wyndmoor, Pa.) and junior Nora Bowen (Lovettsville, Va.) each scored two goals against Maryland.
- Shoemaker leads the Cavaliers with 50 points on 37 goals and 13 assists.
- Junior Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.Y.) has 49 points and leads the team in ground balls (45) and caused turnovers (21).
- The Cavaliers are averaging 13.21 goals per game and 10.57 goals against.
VIRGINIA vs. PENN STATE
- UVA has a 21-19 edge in the all-time series with Penn State.
- The Cavaliers lead 10-6 in games played in State College.
- Penn State has won the last two meetings between the teams. The Nittany Lions won 22-13 in Charlottesville.
- Virginia’s last win in the series was a 16-13 victory on Feb. 27, 2016.
- UVA’s last win in State College came on Feb. 28, 2015, when the Cavaliers won 16-15.
- Penn State is coming off a 21-5 victory over Ohio State on Thursday.
- The Nittany Lions are averaging 10.56 goals per game and 11.89 goals against.
- Madison Carter and Quinn Nicolai each have 21 points to lead the team.
- Kayla Brisolari is leading the team in draw controls and caused turnovers.
- Goalkeeper Taylor Suplee has 88 saves and averaging 11.59 goals against.
Virginia closes out the last two weeks of the regular season at home. UVA hosts Louisville on Saturday, April 13 at noon and Virginia Tech on Saturday, April 20 at noon at Klöckner Stadium.