CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Virginia softball (16-21) plays its fifth-consecutive game on the road when the Cavaliers travel to Longwood (24-13) on Tuesday (April 9) for a 6 p.m. first pitch.
Tuesday’s game will be broadcast on ESPN+, a subscription based service available on the ESPN app and WatchESPN. A link to the broadcast and live stats is available on VirginiaSports.com.
• Virginia is aiming to snap its nine-game losing streak on Tuesday night.
• The Cavaliers were limited to just six hits over the weekend at North Carolina.
• Senior Lacy Smith (Lancaster, Pa.) will break the Virginia single-season home run record with her next long ball.
• Tuesday marks the second of three meetings with Big South teams this season for Virginia.
• After UNC swiped four bases in the series opener, Virginia catchers shut down the running game the remainder of the series.
• Senior Olivia Gott (Weston, Fla.) cut down three would-be base stealers in the series while freshman Donna Friedman (Orange, Calif.) picked off another.
• Gott caught 3-of-5 contested base stealers on the weekend, as the Cavaliers conceded a pair of situational steals.
WHERE ARE THE BATS?
• Mired in a nine-game losing streak, the Cavaliers have struggled at the plate.
• Virginia has now been shutout in each of the past four games.
• The Cavaliers were held to just six hits all weekend at UNC.
• During the current losing streak, the Cavaliers have hit just .165 as a team with nine runs scored.
• Virginia heads to Farmville for the 37th all-time meeting with the Lancers.
• The Cavaliers lead the series with a 20-16 record.
• Longwood has captured the last three meetings in the series.
• Virginia’s last win came in Farmville in 2016.
Virginia’s road swing concludes with a trip to Virginia Tech for the Commonwealth Clash presented by Virginia529 beginning Friday (April 12).