CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Virginia softball (16-25) returns to The Park on Tuesday, April 16 for a 6 p.m. first pitch against Liberty (30-15).
Admission to all Virginia softball home games is free in 2019.
Fans who are unable to attend Tuesday’s game can follow along with live stats. A link to live stats is posted on VirginiaSports.com.
LAST TIME VERSUS LIBERTY
• Liberty defeated Virginia 2-0 in the only prior meeting this season on April 2.
• Aly Rayle (Herndon, Va.) tossed a complete game for the Cavaliers, allowing the two runs on just four hits.
• Rayle struck out four while issuing a single walk.
• Chase Cassady tossed a complete-game shutout for Liberty, scattering three hits and striking out eight.
• Amber Bishop hit a solo homer for the Flames and an infield single produced the other run.
RAYLE REGAINS FORM
• Rayle produced yet another stellar performance with a complete-game effort at No. 22 Virginia Tech on Saturday.
• Rayle held the Hokies to just six hits and surrendered only a single unearned run.
• The outing was the seventh time this season Rayle has gone at least four innings while allowing two or less runs.
• Home runs have played an integral part in Virginia’s run production this season and the Hoos are just 1-16 when failing to leave the yard.
• In the current losing streak, Virginia has homered in just three of its 13 games.
• The Cavaliers have four home runs in the last 13 games after launching 36 in the first 28 games of the season.
• Virginia is 15-9 when homering and 10-1 when lifting multiple home runs in a game.
• Virginia leads the all-time series 46-25.
• Liberty earned a 2-0 win in the previous meeting this season.
• The Flames have won the last five meetings in the series.
• The Cavaliers hold a 26-9 record when meeting in Charlottesville.
Virginia welcomes Notre Dame to The Park for a three-game ACC series beginning Friday, April 19. The two will play a doubleheader on Friday before concluding the series on Saturday (April 20).