CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia Cavaliers (10-3) welcomes the Marist Red Foxes (7-5) to Klöckner Stadium on Saturday afternoon. Faceoff is set for 3 p.m. UVA is ranked No. 6 in this week’s USILA coaches Inside Lacrosse/Maverick media polls.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
There is a “Clear Bag” policy in place at Klöckner Stadium. Please click here to view Klöckner Stadium FAQs regarding bag and entry policies.
Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis at the University Hall and John Paul Jones Arena parking lots. Parking is also available at the Emmet/Ivy Garage. Traffic will be heavy on Saturday as multiple events are being held in the area. Baseball vs. Florida State (1 p.m.), women’s lacrosse vs. Virginia Tech (noon) and Track & Field’s Virginia Challenge (all day) will have fans utilizing all available parking lots.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Live stats will be available at VirginiaSports.com. The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra, which can be viewed on the WatchESPN app, or by logging onto ESPN3.com. Zealand Shannon will call the play-by-play and Doug Tarring will provide analysis.
• UVA has reached double-digit wins for the 20th time since 1993.
• Dox Aitken is No. 1 all-time at UVA among midfielders in career goals with 95. He broke the previous record of 94 goals in career game No. 46. It was one career game fewer than Pete Eldredge (47 games) and 24 fewer career games than Brian Carroll (70 games).
• Michael Kraus has at least one point in all 43 career games he has appeared in. The active streak is currently No. 4 in the nation.
• Twelve fourth and fifth years will be honored prior to the game on Saturday. The list includes: M Ryan Conrad, D Theo Dol, M Matt Dziama, student assistant coach Cooper Fersen, D Logan Greco, M Cory Harris, A Mikey Herring, GK William Hudson, M Ryan Lamb, A Lawson Pisani, M Dave Smith and D Griffin Spolansky.
• Marist and Virginia are meeting for the first time in series history.
• UVA is currently 3-0 all-time against current members of the MAAC.
• This is the third year in a row UVA has played a MAAC team. In 2017 UVA hosted Siena and last year the Cavaliers traveled to Manhattan.
• Keegan Wilkinson is in his eighth season as the head coach of the Red Foxes. His Marist squad comes in on a three-game winning streak and a 7-5 record. The Red Foxes are currently in first place in the MAAC with a 5-1 record.
• Jake Weinman leads Marist with 22 goals and 29 points.
• Jojo Pirreca is second on the team with 19 goals and 25 points, while Joe Tierney leads Marist with nine assists. Tierney and James Llyons round out the top goal scorers with 10 each.
• Peyton Smith is winning 65.4 percent of his faceoffs, which ranks No. 5 in the nation.
• Jake MacGregor is saving 56.8 percent of shots between the pipes and posting a 9.37 goals against average.
Tickets for Virginia home lacrosse games can be purchased online at VirginiaSports.com, by phone at (800) 542-8821 or in person at the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall at Scott Stadium Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Advanced tickets are $8 (reserved) and $5 (general admission). Tickets at the gate will be $10 (reserved) and $8 (general admission).
Virginia enters the ACC Tournament on April 27 as the No. 1 seed. The game will be played in Chapel Hill, N.C., against the winner of the No. 4/5 seed game on April 25. UVA’s semifinal game will be played at either 2 or 4:30 p.m. The contest will be broadcast live on ESPNU.