CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Virginia softball (17-28) heads to No. 20 James Madison (36-7) for a 4 p.m. doubleheader on Tuesday, April 23.
Tuesday’s games will be live streamed on MadiZONE. A link to the broadcast and live stats is available on VirginiaSports.com.
THE HOME STRETCH
• Tuesday marks the beginning of the final week of play for the Cavaliers in the 2019 season.
• Virginia has seven games remaining: Tuesday’s twin bill at JMU, this weekend’s series at NC State and a doubleheader against Hampton on April 30.
• Virginia’s home doubleheader against Hampton will be the final games played at The Park.
• Virginia has racked up 67 doubles this season, a mark that ranks 50th in the nation.
• The 67 two baggers are already the ninth-best in Virginia’s 40-year softball history.
• The Hoos need just five more doubles to match the 2018 team and move into sixth all-time.
BUZZING FOR TWO
• Sophomore Hayley Busby (Phoenix, Ariz.) has recorded 15 doubles on the season thus far, setting a new career high.
• She ranks second in the ACC in doubles and 22nd in the country.
• Busby’s 15 doubles are four shy of the Virginia single-season record.
• Her next double will move her into the top 10 in single-season performances at UVA.
A DECISIVE WEEK
• Virginia will play its final ACC series of the season this weekend, traveling to NC State.
• The Cavaliers currently sit 10th in the league, the final spot that qualifies for the ACC Tournament.
• NC State is one game ahead of Virginia, with a series in hand.
• A series victory would go a long way toward securing Virginia’s second ACC-berth in the past three seasons.
• Virginia and JMU will meet for the 46th and 47th times on Tuesday evening.
• The Cavaliers hold a 24-21 edge in the all-time series.
• JMU has won 10-of-11 with Virginia’s lone win in the stretch coming in 2017.
• JMU claimed last season’s contest 6-4 in Charlottesville.
Virginia heads to NC State over the weekend for its final ACC series of the season. The series is slated to begin on Friday, April 26 at 6 p.m.