CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – No. 6 seed Virginia women’s lacrosse (12-6) will host No. 14 Navy (16-4) on Sunday, May 11 at noon in the 2019 NCAA Second Round at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra available to authenticated subscribers of ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app. Links for the live stats and live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
UVA IN NCAA TOURNAMENT
- Virginia is making a nation-leading 24th-straight NCAA Tournament appearance.
- This is the first time UVA has had a first round bye since 2014, when it defeated Princeton in the second round and North Carolina in the quarterfinals to advance to the NCAA Final Four.
- UVA is 36-28 all-time in the tournament. It’s 66 games is second behind Maryland (88). UVA’s 36 wins ties with Princeton for third.
- Last season, Virginia defeated Stanford 12-3, before falling to eventual NCAA Champion JMU in the second round.
- This is the first time since 2015 that Virginia has hosted the NCAA tournament.
- UVA is averaging 13.33 goals per game with 10.83 goals against.
- The Cavaliers are 6-6 in games against ranked opponents in 2019.
- Senior Maggie Jackson (Alexandria, Va.), a first team All-ACC selection, leads UVA with 66 points on 31 goals and 35 assists.
- Senior Avery Shoemaker (Wyndmoor, Pa.) was named to the All-ACC Second Team. She has a team-high 49 goals, scoring multiple goals in 13 games.
- Junior Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.Y.) leads the ACC in ground balls per game (3.00) and is third on the team with 63 points (41 goals, 22 assists) to earn All-ACC First Team honors.
VIRGINIA vs. NAVY
- Virginia and Navy met in the 2019 season-opener, as the Cavaliers won 15-12 at home.
- Eight different players scored for Virginia, led by Shoemaker with a career high seven points on four goals and three assists.
- Goalkeeper Charlie Campbell (Lloyd Harbor, N.Y.) had a then-career-high 12 saves in her first career start.
- UVA has a 4-1 lead in the all-time series with Navy.
- The Cavaliers are 3-0 in games played in Charlottesville.
- Navy defeated High Point, 16-5, on Friday night in the NCAA First Round to advance to play Virginia.
- The Midshipmen are averaging 15.55 goals per game with 10.30 goals against.
- Navy had five players named to the Patriot League First Team, including Patriot League Attacker of the Year Kelly Larkin.
- Larkin leads the NCAA in points per game (5.75), ranks seventh assists (49) and 15th in goals (66).
- Reagan Roelofs is 10th nationally in draw controls per game (6.95).
Fans can purchase tickets at a discounted rate in advance beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 6 by going online to VirginiaSports.com/Tickets. Advanced sales and online purchases are $8 for reserved seats (if available) and $5 for general admission.
At the game day window, reserved tickets are $10 and general admission will be $8. Students of participating school tickets are $5 on line and or at the booth day of game. Reserved season ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase their same seats they held for the Lacrosse season, until Tuesday, May 7 at 5 p.m., please call the ticket office at (800) 542-8821.
The winner of Sunday’s game will advance to the NCAA Quarterfinals on Saturday, May18 to play the winner of 3-seed North Carolina and Florida.