Statesboro, Ga. –Virginia senior Andrew Orischak (Hilton Head Island, S.C.) finished as the runner-up at the Georgia Southern Individual Collegiate that wrapped up play Monday. Orischak posted a final-round score of 1-under 71 for a 54-hole total of 5-under 211. Georgia Southern’s Jake Maples won the event at 6-under 210.
The tournament did not feature team scoring.
Junior WeiWei Gao (Cebu, Philippines) also posted a top-10 finish for the Cavaliers, placing ninth at 1-over 217. He shot even par 72 on Monday. Senior Nathan Chuwait (Herndon, Va.) recorded the team’s best round of the event, shooting 3-under 69 to finish 16th at 5-over 221. Senior Christopher White (Garden City, N.Y.) was 20th at 223, freshman Pietro Bovari (Milano, Italy) was 30th at 226 and sophomore Jack Montague (Manakin-Sabot, Va.) was 32nd at 229.
Virginia opens team play on Feb. 20 when the Cavaliers travel to Hawaii for the three-day John Burns Intercollegiate.
Georgia Southern Individual Collegiate
Georgia Southern University Golf Course
Par 72, 6,876 yards
1. Jake Maples, Georgia Southern 72-70-68-210
2. Andrew Orischak, Virginia 69-71-71-211
3. Hunter Dunagan, Col. of Charleston 70-72-71-213
4. Jake Hall, Tennessee 73-70-71-214
2. Andrew Orischak 69-71-71-211
9. WeiWei Gao 75-70-72-217
16. Nathan Chuwait 77-75-69-221
20. Chris White 78-73-72-223
30. Pietro Bovari 77-74-75-226
32. Jack Montague 74-81-74-229