CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (0-0) will begin the 2020 season on the road at No. 15 Navy (0-0) on Saturday at noon at Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Md.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on the Patriot League Network. Links for livestats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
VIRGINIA vs. NAVY
• Saturday marks the seventh all-time meeting between Virginia and Navy. UVA leads the series 5-1.
• The teams have met each of the last five seasons, including twice in 2019.
• UVA owns a 4-0 record vs. Navy at home and is 1-1 in games played in Annapolis.
• Virginia’s 13-9 win at Navy in 2016 is the largest margin of victory in the six contests, with every other game being decided by three goals or less.
• UVA won the first meeting 15-12 between the two teams in 2019, the season-opener on Feb. 9, in Charlottesville.
• The Cavaliers won the second meeting by the same score, 15-12, to advance to the NCAA Quarterfinals.
• Navy finished 16-5 in 2019, advancing to the NCAA Second Round before falling to Virginia.
• The Midshipmen return 22 letterwinners, including eight starters from the 2019 team.
• Senior All-American Kelly Larkin led the Midshipmen with 121 points on 69 goals and 52 assists.
• Navy also returns Nicole Victory, second on the team with 63 points (32 goals, 31 assists), and Kayla Harris who was third with 51 points (37 goals, 14 assists).
• Reagan Roelofs returns after leading the team with 146 draw controls.
• Annalise Heyward returns after collecting 44 ground balls, 83 draw controls, 29 caused turnovers and scoring 34 goals.
• Virginia returns seven starters, including All-American Sammy Mueller.
• Mueller and defender Lauren Martin were named Inside Lacrosse Preseason All-Americans.
• Both seniors have played in every game in their UVA careers.
• Nora Bowen returns after scoring 30 goals in 2019.
• Lillie Kloak scored 31 goals, fourth on the team, as a freshman last season.
• Goalkeeper Charlie Campbell had 181 saves last season with a 11.22-goals against average.
• UVA was ranked fifth in the ACC Preseason Poll.
• Mueller earned Preseason All-ACC honors at midfield and Bowen was an at-large selection.
Virginia is on the road for the first three weeks of the season. UVA will travel to Stanford (Feb. 14) and California (Feb. 16) next week.