CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (1-0) has its first of two games on the West Coast on Friday, Feb. 14, as it plays at No. 20 Stanford at 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET at Maloney Field at Laird Q. Cagan Stadium in Stanford, Calif.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on Stanford’s live stream. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
VIRGINIA vs. STANFORD
• This will be the second all-time meeting between UVA and Stanford.
• The two teams met for the first time in 2018 in the NCAA Tournament First Round. The • Cavaliers won 12-3 to advance in the neutral site game played in Harrisonburg, Va.
• Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.Y.) led UVA with a then-career-high five goals, while Kasey Behr added four goals.
• Mueller also had four draw controls and two ground balls in the win.
• Stanford opened the 2020 season with a 17-13 loss to Denver.
• Freshman Jay Browne scored six points with four goals and two assists in her debut.
• Ali Baiocco scored three goals against Denver. Baiocco led the Cardinal with 80 points on 52 goals and 28 assists.
• Genesis Lucero picked up 10 draw controls after ranking second on the team in 2019 with 77 draws.
UVA CONNECTIONS IN CALIFORNIA
• UVA head coach Julie Myers’ daughter, Kelsey Myers, is currently a freshman on the Stanford women’s lacrosse team.
• Myers is one of three players for the Cardinal that are from the state of Virginia.
LAST TIME OUT
• Virginia opened the 2020 season with a 14-13 overtime win at No. 15 Navy.
• Ashlyn McGovern (Phoenix, Md.) scored a career-high five goals and earned ACC Co-Player of the Week honors.
• Nora Bowen (Lovettsville, Va.) had a career-best six points on three goals and three assists.
Virginia remains on the West Coast to play at California on Sunday, Feb. 16, at 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET.