CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 7 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (4-0) hosts Richmond (4-0) in its home opener on Wednesday (Feb. 26) at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ACCNX. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
• Virginia has started the 2020 season 4-0, all wins coming on the road.
• Three of UVA’s wins have come against ranked opponents, including a win over No. 9 Princeton on Saturday.
• It is the third consecutive year the Cavaliers have started 4-0.
• Ashlyn McGovern was named ACC Co-Offensive Player of the Week after scoring five goals in the win at then-No. 15 Navy.
• Sammy Mueller was named ACC Co-Offensive Player of the Week after leading UVA with nine goals in wins at then-No. 20 Stanford and California.
• Charlie Campbell had a career-high 16 saves in the win at then-No. 9 Princeton.
• Courtlynne Caskin led the Cavaliers with a career-high five points (4 goals, 1 assist) at Princeton.
UVA VS RICHMOND
• UVA and Richmond are meeting for the 44th time in the series that dates back to 1976.
• The Cavaliers hold a 39-3-1 lead over the Spiders.
• UVA is 22-1 in games played in Charlottesville.
• Virginia has won the last 13 meetings between the teams.
• Last season, Virginia won 19-5 on Feb. 21 at Richmond.
• In the last game in Charlottesville, Virginia won 15-7 on Feb. 21, 2018.
• Richmond is 4-0 to begin the 2020 season.
• The Spiders are coming off a 22-9 win over William & Mary.
• Richmond has scored 16 or more goals in all four games, averaging 19 goals per game, while allowing 5.75 goals against.
• Arden Tierney and Sam Geiersbach lead the way with 21 points each. Tierney has a team-high 17 goals and Geiersbach has 11 goals and 10 assists.
• Tierney also leads the team with 31 draw controls.
• Goalkeeper Megan Gianforte has 26 saves for a .553 save percentage and 5.64 goals against average.
Virginia remains at home for its ACC opener as it hosts No. 1 North Carolina on Saturday, Feb. 29, at noon at Klöckner Stadium.