CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 7 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (4-1) begins ACC play on Saturday (Feb. 29), hosting No. 1 North Carolina (4-0) at noon at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ACCNX. Links for the live stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
• Virginia is coming off a 13-12 overtime loss to Richmond on Wednesday (Feb. 26).
• The Cavaliers held the Spiders to six less goals than their season average entering the game.
• Olivia Schildmeyer (Upper Arlington, Ohio), Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.Y.) and Courtlynne Caskin (Potomac, Md.) each had three goals to lead the Cavaliers.
• Virginia is 3-0 against ranked opponents so far this season. UVA has wins over then-No. 15 Navy, then-No. 20 Stanford and then-No. 9 Princeton.
• The Cavaliers are averaging 13.40 goals per game, with 10.57 goals against.
UVA VS NORTH CAROLINA
• UVA and North Carolina are meeting for the 41st time in the series.
• North Carolina has a 27-13 advantage in the overall series.
• UVA trails 10-8 in games played in Charlottesville.
• Virginia has lost the last seven contests to North Carolina. The last win for UVA was a 10-9 win in the NCAA Quarterfinals in 2014 as UVA advanced to the Final Four.
• The last win at home for the Cavaliers was a 13-12 overtime victory on March 13, 2010.
• UVA and North Carolina share a family bond. Riley Hoeg (Mattituck, N.Y.) is a freshman for the Cavaliers and her sister, Katie Hoeg, plays for the Tar Heels.
• North Carolina is 4-0 on the season, most recently defeating then-No. 2 Maryland 19-6 on Saturday, Feb. 22.
• The Tar Heels lead the nation in assists per game (11.00), free position percentage (.563), points per game (31.00) and scoring defense (5.25).
• Katie Hoeg leads the NCAA in assists per game (4.25).
• Goalkeeper Taylor Moreno has nation-leading 3.90 goals against average.
• Jamie Ortega paces the NCAA with 7.50 points per game and shot percentage (.818).
Virginia hosts George Mason in a mid-week game on Wednesday, March 4 at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.