CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 12 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (4-2) hosts George Mason (3-1) on Wednesday (March 4) at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ACCNX. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
• Virginia is averaging 13.17 goals per game.
• Three of UVA’s wins have come against ranked opponents: No. 15 Navy, No. 20 Stanford, No. 9 Princeton.
• Sammy Mueller leads the ACC in ground balls per game (4.17), is second in caused turnovers per game (1.67) and eighth in draw controls per game (4.17).
• Annie Dyson and Ashley Stilo are tied for eighth in ground balls per game (2.00).
• Courtlynne Caskin is 10th in draw controls per game (3.50).
• Goalkeeper Charlie Campbell is second in saves per game (9.50) and eighth in save percentage (.442).
UVA VS GEORGE MASON
• Virginia and George Mason meet for the 15th time in the series that began in 1999.
• UVA is 14-0 against the Patriots, including 7-0 in games in Charlottesville.
• The teams played in 2019 after taking an eight-year hiatus in the series.
• The Cavaliers took a 20-9 win at home on March 6, 2019 in the most recent meeting.
• Former UVA standout and assistant coach Jessy Morgan is the head coach of George Mason.
• George Mason has won its last three contests, most recently defeating Mount St. Mary’s (Feb. 26).
• The Patriots average 12.75 goals per game and 12.00 goals against.
• Deanna Balsama leads the Patriots with 18 points, 13 goals and five assists.
• Balsama also paces the team with 31 draw controls.
• Goalkeeper Melissa Semkiw has a team-high 14 ground balls and seven caused turnovers. Semkiw is averaging 10.5 saves per game with 12.00 goals against.
Virginia is on the road in ACC play at Duke on Saturday, March 7 at 1 p.m. at Koskinen Stadium.