CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Virginia volleyball (1-0, 0-0 ACC) begins ACC play with a 6:30 p.m. match against No. 14 Duke (2-0, 2-0 ACC) in Memorial Gymnasium.
Due to health and safety considerations in addition to the current guidelines established for sports venues by the Commonwealth of Virginia, attendance at UVA home competitions is limited to family of student-athletes and each team’s coaching staff until further notice. There is no public admission to these events and all tailgating in University parking lots is prohibited.
• Virginia will play the first of eight scheduled ACC matches when the Cavaliers face No. 14 Duke on Friday
• Both Virginia and Duke are undefeated in early action this season
• Cavalier freshman Madison Morey was named ACC Freshman of the Week after her 20-dig performance in the season opener
• Virginia opens ACC play against a ranked opponent for a fourth consecutive season, facing Pitt the past two years and Florida State in 2017
• The Cavaliers are aiming for their first ACC opening win since 2015, when Virginia defeated Duke in four sets
LAST MEETING: Duke 3-0 | November 1, 2019
ALL-TIME SERIES: Duke leads 54-13
LAST FIVE MEETINGS
|11/1/19||Charlottesville, Va.||L, 0-3|
|10/26/18||Durham, N.C.||L, 0-3|
|10/20/17||Charlottesville, Va.||L, 1-3|
|10/15/16||Durham, N.C.||L, 1-3|
|9/24/16||Charlottesville, Va.||L, 2-3|