The Cavaliers open the 92nd season in UVA men’s lacrosse history when the Towson Tigers come to Klöckner Stadium for a non-conference tilt. Face-off is set for 4 p.m. and the game will be televised live on the ACC Network.
Due to health and safety considerations in addition to the current guidelines established for sports venues by the Commonwealth of Virginia, attendance at UVA home competitions is limited to family of student-athletes and each team’s coaching staff until further notice. There is no public admission to these events and all tailgating in University parking lots is prohibited. Gates will open 60 minutes prior to the start of the match. Masks are required for fans attending the event and all fans are asked to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- It is the season opener for both UVA and Towson.
- UVA is facing Towson for the first time since 2010 and hosting the Tigers for the first time since 2009.
- UVA is 52-34-1 (.603) all-time in season openers.
- When the season opener is at home, the Cavaliers have compiled a 30-17-1 (.635) record throughout the years.
- This is the 14th time in the last 22 seasons the Cavaliers have opened the season at home.
- UVA has won 11 of its last 13 season openers.
- Virginia owns a 151-40 (.7906) all-time record at Klöckner Stadium, including a 4-1 mark in 2020 and are winners of 13 of last 15 played in the historic edifice. UVA also is 12-3 all-time at Klöckner Stadium in the NCAA Tournament.
- UVA is 24-8 all-time at Klöckner Stadium under head coach Lars Tiffany.
- Ian Laviano needs one goal to become the 18th Cavalier all-time to reach 100 career goals.