The Cavaliers host Army on Sunday in non-conference action. Face-off is set for noon on the Lower Turf Field. Virginia is ranked No. 3 in this week’s USILA coaches poll and No. 6 in the preseason Inside Lacrosse media poll. Army is ranked No. 12 in this week’s coaches poll and is No. 15 in the preseason media poll.
The Lower Turf practice field is not set-up to accommodate spectators and the infrastructure is not in place at the venue to produce an ACCNX broadcast of the game. Fans are not permitted to attend, which includes standing room outside the fence.
Live stats will be available on VirginiaSports.com and updates will be posted to the Virginia Men’s Lacrosse social media channels throughout the game. Video highlights will be posted to VirginiaSports.com and Virginia men’s lacrosse social media channels after the game.
- UVA and Army are meeting for the first time since the 1985 NCAA Tournament and for the first time in the regular season since 1968.
- The game was moved from Klöckner Stadium due to weather in the Charlottesville area. It is UVA’s first-ever game on “Lower Turf”.
- Sunday is the second all-time meeting between Lars Tiffany and Army’s Joe Alberici.
- When Tiffany was the head coach at Stony Brook, he faced Alberici’s first West Point squad in 2006. Army won on its home turf with an 11-9 victory.
- Charlie Bertrand has a point in all 59 games of his career, which ranks No. 1 among active DI players.
- Ian Laviano needs one goal to become the 18th Cavalier all-time to reach 100 career goals.
ALL-TIME SERIES: Army leads the all-time series 10-3
PREVIOUS THREE MEETINGS
|1985 (NCAA)||H||W, 10-6|
|1972 (NCAA)||H||W, 10-3|