CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 16 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (1-0) will play at No. 14 Richmond (1-0) on Friday, Feb. 19 at 4 p.m. at Robins Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed on ESPN+ and links for live stats and the stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
- Virginia opened the 2021 season with a 21-6 win over ECU on Monday (Feb. 15).
- UVA had 12 players score in the contest, led by redshirt junior Ashlyn McGovern’s (Phoenix, Md.) four goals.
- The Cavaliers had six players score their first collegiate goals in the game.
- Junior Lillie Kloak (Ridgewood, N.J.) had a hat trick and was 2-for-2 on free position shots.
- Freshman Mackenzie Hoeg (Mattituck, N.Y.) had four points with two goals and two assists and led the team with eight draw controls.
- This will be the 45th meeting between Virginia and Richmond.
- UVA holds a 39-4-1 record over the Spiders and is 17-2-1 in games played at Richmond.
- The Cavaliers had won 13 consecutive games until dropping a 13-12 overtime loss to Richmond in 2020.
- Richmond opened the season with a 19-10 victory over Radford on Sunday, Feb. 14.
- Sam Geiersbach paced the Spiders with eight points, with three goals and five assists.
- Madison Ostrick added four goals and two players scored three.
- Arden Tierney picked up 13 draw controls and Kendall Duffy had three caused turnovers.
- Megan Gianforte made five saves in goal for the Spiders.
Virginia hosts Virginia Tech on Saturday, Feb. 27 at 2 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.