No. 14 Virginia (2-1) will wrap up a four-game home stand on Tuesday (Feb. 23) when it hosts VMI (0-0) at Disharoon Park. First pitch is scheduled for 3 p.m. and the game will be broadcast live on ACC Network.
- The matchup between Virginia and VMI will be the 140th in a series history that dates back to 1889, the first year of Cavalier baseball.
- Virginia comes into the game ranked No. 14 in the country according to last week’s USA Today Sports baseball coaches poll.
- Tuesday’s game will serve as the season opener for VMI after its weekend series vs. NC State was canceled. The Keydets will host NJIT at home this weekend.
- Tuesday will be the final tune-up before ACC play begins on Friday (Feb. 26) in Chapel Hill for the Cavaliers.
- The Cavaliers own a 107-32 advantage in the all-time series.
- Sophomore lefty Nate Savino will make his first start of the 2021 season for Virginia.
- In his last appearance, he earned the victory in a series-clinching win over then-No. 7 NC State on March 8, 2020. In just his third collegiate start Savino pitched into the fifth inning and struck out two batters.