CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Virginia volleyball (1-8, 0-8 ACC) will open up the spring schedule on Friday when the Old Dominion Monarchs (4-3, 2-2 C-USA) visit Memorial Gymnasium. First serve is set for 5 p.m.
Fans can watch Friday’s match on ACCNX, which can be viewed on the WatchESPN app, or by logging onto ESPN.com/watch for participating TV providers that carry the ACC Network. For more information on how to get the ACC Network, visit GetACCN.com.
HOOS vs. MONARCHS
- Friday is the first all-time meeting between UVA and ODU in volleyball
UVA STARTS SPRING SLATE
- Friday kicks off an 11-match spring schedule for the Cavaliers
- UVA’s match with ODU is the only scheduled non-conference match of the 11 spring contests, while the remaining 10 will be ACC matches
WILSON REACHES SIXTH
- With 90 assists between the two matches against NC State, senior Megan Wilson moved into sixth in all-time assists at UVA
- Wilson turned in season-highs of 43 and 47 assists against the Wolfpack, operating a 5-1 offense for the shorthanded Cavaliers
- Wilson currently has 2,422 career assists
SPENCER CONTINUES STELLAR PLAY
- Senior Alex Spencer is turning in her best season on Grounds with a 4.88 digs per set average
- Spencer set a career high with her 27 digs (10/18) at Virginia Tech
- She matched that 27-dig output two matches later against NC State
CIPRIAN’S WELCOME RETURN
- Junior middle blocker Milla Ciprian missed Virginia’s first four matches of the year with injuries
- Ciprian returned to the court for the first time in the Cavaliers’ series against NC State and produced 24 kills and 10 blocks
- Ciprian hit .327, establishing her as the team leader and is third the squad with 2.59 kills/set
UP NEXT FOR THE HOOS
- Virginia heads to Pittsburgh on March 6 to face the Pitt Panthers at 6 p.m. The Cavaliers will stay in Pittsburgh and play a neutral site match on March 7 against Georgia Tech at 3 p.m.