The Virginia softball team opens the home portion of the season with JMU and George Washington in the opening day of the Cavalier Classic on Saturday at Palmer Park. The two-day event will continue on Sunday as the Cavaliers play a doubleheader against the Colonials beginning at noon.
CAVALIER CLASSIC SCHEDULE
12 p.m. JMU 5, UVA 1
3 p.m. Virginia 3, George Washington 2
5:30 p.m. JMU 8, George Washington 4
12 p.m. Virginia vs. George Washington
2:30 p.m. Virginia vs. George Washington
- It’s the home opening weekend for the Cavaliers who spent the first two weekends on the road at the Red & Black Showcase at No. 14 Georgia and ACC pod play last weekend.
- Virginia picked up the win in the first game of the weekend against George Washington, rallying to take the contest 3-2.
- The Cavaliers and Colonials have played 11 times in program history with the Hoos leading the all-time series 8-3.
- Both James Madison and George Washington opened their 2020 seasons this weekend with games on Saturday.
- Virginia and the Colonials will play a doubleheader today to close out the weekend of games at Palmer Park.