CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (4-0) closes its three-game home stand on Wednesday, March 10 when it hosts George Mason (1-3) at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra with links for live stats and the live stream available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
- Virginia has started the season 4-0 for the third straight season. The Cavaliers are coming off a 13-12 win over then-No. 25 Louisville on Saturday (March 6).
- Freshman Maggie Bostain (Richmond, Va.) had a career-high three goals, scoring the game-winner, and added one assists against Louisville.
- Senior Taylor Regan (Larchmont, N.Y.) dished out three assists and scored a goal in UVA’s win. Regan is second in the ACC in assists per game (2.00).
- Of UVA’s 13 goals against the Cardinals, 10 were assisted.
- The Cavaliers are second in the ACC in draw controls per game (16.00).
- Virginia is averaging 15.25 goals per game and 9.25 goals against.
- This will be the 16th meeting between Virginia and George Mason.
- UVA is 15-0 in the series and 8-0 in home games vs. the Patriots.
- The teams have met the last two years. The Cavaliers won 14-8 on March 4, 2020 in the most recent meeting.
ABOUT GEORGE MASON
- George Mason is coming off an 11-10 win at Radford on Wednesday, March 3.
- Phoebe Nelson leads the team with five goals.
- Tristan Usher has a team-high six points, with three goals and three assists.
- Olivia O’Brien has a team-high eight draw controls and Erin Donoghue leads the team with six ground balls.
- The Patriots are averaging 5.25 goals per game with 14.25 goals against.
Virginia plays at No. 10 Boston College in its first ACC road contest of the season on Saturday, March 13 at 2 p.m. in Newton, Mass. The game will be broadcast on ACC Network.