Virginia (7-5, 2-4 ACC) will be home on Friday (March 12) for the first game of a three-game series against No. 25 Notre Dame (4-2, 4-2 ACC). First pitch in the series opener is scheduled for 3 p.m. and will air live on ACCNX.
- Notre Dame is ranked No. 25 by both D1Baseball.com and USA Today/Coaches after ACC series wins over Clemson and Wake Forest.
- The Cavaliers come into the weekend with the ACC’s lowest ERA (2.68)
- Virginia is seeking its third-straight ACC series victory at home dating back to the 2019 season.
- Virginia is 10-5 against Notre Dame all-time and have won seven of the 10 meetings since the Fighting Irish have joined the ACC.
- The Cavaliers swept a Saturday doubleheader in South Bend to take the series back in 2019. The series ended on an outfield assist at second base that occurred just before the tying run crossed the plate.
- Virginia is three wins shy of 500 at Disharoon Park, a facility that opened in 2002 and changed the face of the Cavalier baseball program.
- As a staff, Virginia is tied for 6th in the NCAA in total strikeouts (146) and ranks 11th in the NCAA in strikeouts per 9 innings (12.6).
- Earlier this week, Logan Michaels was named to the Buster Posey Collegiate Catcher of the Year Award Watch list. He is one of 69 on the initial list that will be narrowed down to semifinalists on May 20.
- Michaels has caught all 12 games for the Cavaliers and has also made an impact on the offensive end. He leads the team with 11 runs scored and has only struck out five times in 41 at bats and his 0.42 strikeouts per game are the seventh fewest in the ACC