CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (5-1) opens a three-game home stand this week with VCU (3-2) on Wednesday, March 16 at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
- Virginia suffered its first loss of the season on Saturday (March 13) at then-No. 10 Boston College, 20-11.
- Junior Lillie Kloak (Ridgewood, N.J.) recorded her third hat trick of the season to lead the Cavaliers at BC.
- This is the second mid-week game of the season for UVA. The Cavaliers defeated George Mason, 18-7, on Wednesday, March 10.
- Virginia is averaging 15.00 goals per game and 10.67 goals against.
- UVA is second in the NCAA in turnovers per game (11.00) and 11th in draw controls per game (15.67).
- This is the first meeting between Virginia and VCU.
- UVA is 2-0 in games against A-10 opponents this season, with wins over then-No. 14 Richmond and George Mason.
- VCU is coming off a 14-12 loss to Furman on Thursday, March 11.
- The Rams average 14.60 goals per game and 9.80 goals against.
- Juliana George leads the Rams with 23 points on 13 goals and 10 assists.
- Caroline Gienn leads VCU with 24 draw controls and 11 ground balls.
- Goalkeeper Gillian Belfiore is averaging 10.80 saves per game with a .524 save percentage.
Virginia will host Duke in a two-game series this weekend, playing Friday, March 19 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, March 21 at noon at Klöckner Stadium.