The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (5-1) opens a three-game home stand this week with VCU (3-2) on Wednesday, March 16 at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
- Virginia suffered its first loss of the season on Saturday (March 13) at then-No. 10 Boston College, 20-11.
- Junior Lillie Kloak (Ridgewood, N.J.) recorded her third hat trick of the season to lead the Cavaliers at BC.
- This is the second mid-week game of the season for UVA. The Cavaliers defeated George Mason, 18-7, on Wednesday, March 10.
- Virginia is averaging 15.00 goals per game and 10.67 goals against.
- UVA is second in the NCAA in turnovers per game (11.00) and 11th in draw controls per game (15.67).
- This is the first meeting between Virginia and VCU.
- UVA is 2-0 in games against A-10 opponents this season, with wins over then-No. 14 Richmond and George Mason.