CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (6-1, 2-1 ACC) hosts No. 10 Duke (5-2, 1-2 ACC) in a pair of ACC games this weekend. The teams will meet Friday, March 19 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, March 21 at noon at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
Friday’s game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra and Sunday’s contest will air on ACC Network with Jay Alter and Sheehan Burch on the call. Links for live stats and the live streams are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
- Virginia has a quick turnaround after a 15-5 win over VCU on Wednesday (March 17).
- UVA’s attack accounted for 10 of the goals.
- Redshirt junior Ashlyn McGovern (Phoenix, Md.) had five points, scoring a game-high four goals and adding an assist.
- Senior Taylor Regan (Larchmont, N.Y.) also had five points with three goals and two assists. Regan leads the team with 22 points.
- Junior Lillie Kloak (Ridgewood, N.J.) paces the Cavaliers with 17 goals.
- The Cavaliers are 3-1 against ranked opponents this season.
- Virginia is averaging 15.00 goals per game with 9.86 goals against.
- This will be the 41st all-time meeting between Virginia and Duke.
- UVA leads the series 25-15 and is 9-7 in games played in Charlottesville.
- The two teams met in what ended up being the last game of the 2020 season for the Cavaliers as the remainder of the season was canceled due to COVID-19.
- Duke won the 2020 meeting 16-10 in Durham, N.C.
- In the last meeting in Charlottesville, UVA won 17-12 on March 23, 2019.
- Duke is coming off a 19-9 win over High Point on Thursday, March 11.
- Gabby Rosenzweig leads the Blue Devils with 22 points, scoring 11 goals with 11 assists.
- Maddie Jenner leads the conference in draw controls per game (9.00).
- Olivia Carner paces the team with 13 caused turnovers.
- Duke leads the ACC in caused turnovers per game (12.29) and is second in ground balls per game (18.71).
- The Blue Devils are averaging 14.00 goals per game and 9.71 goals against.
Virginia will travel to James Madison on Friday, March 26 at 5 p.m. in Harrisonburg, Va.