CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (7-2) travels to No. 22 James Madison (4-2) on Friday, March 26 for a 5 p.m. opening draw at Sentara Park in Harrisonburg, Va.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed on Lax Sports Network. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
- Virginia played three games in five days, going 2-1, last week. The Cavaliers topped VCU, 15-5, on Wednesday and split the series with Duke.
- In the win over Duke on Sunday, goalkeeper Charlie Campbell (Lloyd Harbor, N.Y.) made a season-high 13 saves with eight in the first half.
- The Cavaliers used a big second half vs. the Blue Devils, scoring 10 goals, to win 14-11.
- Senior Taylor Regan (Larchmont, N.Y.) led the Cavaliers with four games in the win against Duke.
- Junior Lillie Kloak (Ridgewood, N.J.) leads UVA with 22 goals and redshirt junior Ashlyn McGovern (Phoenix, Md.) has 18 goals.
- Graduate student Meredith Chapman (Apex, N.C.) leads the team with 20 ground balls and is third in the ACC with 2.22 ground balls per game.
- UVA and JMU are meeting for the 50th time in the series that dates back to 1977.
- The Cavaliers have a 34-14-1 advantage in the series.
- UVA is 15-8 in games played in Harrisonburg, Va.
- The teams did not meet in 2020 due to the seasons being canceled from COVID-19. It was the first time in the series that they did not play at least once in a season.
- In the most recent meeting, Virginia won 14-9 at JMU on March 20, 2019.
- JMU is coming off a 15-5 loss to No. 1 North Carolina on Sunday (March 21).
- Kacey Knobloch leads the Dukes with 20 points on 10 goals and 10 assists.
- Isabella Peterson has a team-high 11 goals.
- Emma Johnson paces the defense with 15 ground balls and 11 caused turnovers.
- Goalie Molly Dougherty is averaging 6.43 goals against with 37 saves.
Virginia hosts Notre Dame on Saturday, April 3 at noon at Klöckner Stadium.