CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 7 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (8-2, 3-2 ACC) returns to ACC play on Saturday, April 3 when it hosts No. 5 Notre Dame (5-2, 2-2 ACC) at noon at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. Links for the live stats and live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
- Virginia is coming of a 15-12 win at then-No. 22 JMU on Saturday, March 26.
- In the last two wins for the Cavaliers, they have trailed by one at the half and outscored their opponent in the second half.
- Senior Taylor Regan (Larchmont, N.Y.) and freshman Morgan Schwab (Fairport, N.Y.) each had hat tricks in the win at JMU.
- Junior Annie Dyson (Alexandria, Va.) had one goal, two assists, three ground balls, four draw controls and four caused turnovers in the contest.
- Virginia is currently fourth in the ACC standings, with all five of its final games of the season being conference games.
- The Cavaliers are 5-2 in games against ranked opponents this season.
- UVA is second in the NCAA in turnovers per game (11.00).
- Saturday’s game will be the ninth meeting between Virginia and Notre Dame.
- The Irish lead the series 5-3 and are 3-1 in games in Charlottesville.
- The Cavaliers have lost the last two meetings in the series, both decided by one goal.
- The 2020 meeting was canceled due to COVID-19.
- UVA’s las win was a 17-10 victory on March 17, 2018 at Notre Dame. The last win at home was a 15-5 win on March 18, 2017.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME
- Notre Dame has won its last three games, most recently defeating Duke 13-9.
- Nine players scored goals for the Irish in the win.
- Notre Dame ranks second in the ACC in caused turnovers per game (10.86).
- Savannah Buchanan leads the conference in caused turnovers per game (2.57).
- Samantha Lynch leads the team with 28 points on 22 goals and six assists.
- Notre Dame is averaging 15.43 goals per game and 9.14 goals against.
Virginia travels Syracuse on Saturday, April 10 for a 3 p.m. contest on ACC Network.