Virginia (16-15, 8-13 ACC) returns home this weekend to host No. 7 Louisville (20-10, 12-5 ACC) in a three-game series at Disharoon Park beginning Friday (April 16). The entire series will be carried live on ACCNX and first pitch for the series opener is slated for 6 p.
- Louisville is the fourth nationally ranked opponent to play a three-game set in Charlottesville this season and the first inside the top-10.
- The Cardinals sit atop of the Atlantic Division with a .706 win percentage and are the only school in the league with 20 wins.
- Virginia comes into the series with a 4-8 record against ranked opponents including two road wins over then-No. 6 Georgia Tech.
- The Cavaliers are 5-2 in the month of April and have won six of the last eight games.
- Virginia is scheduled to play seven of the next eight at home and with road games at VCU and Virginia Tech will not leave the Commonwealth until May 20th.
- Head coaches Dan McDonnell (.715) and Brian O’Connor (.704) have the top two career winning percentage among active NCAA coaches.
- O’Connor is 298-193-1 in ACC play and is looking to become the eighth coach in the history of the league to reach 300 ACC victories.