CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia softball team (13-25) returns home to host Radford (14-24) in a 6 p.m. contest on Tuesday (April 20) at Palmer Park before traveling to face Liberty (29-12) in a 4 p.m. contest on Wednesday (April 21).
HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION
Tuesday night’s game against the Highlanders will be streamed on ACCNX, which is available through the ESPN app to customers who have ACC Network through their television providers.
Wednesday’s game at Liberty will be streamed on ESPN+ which requires a separate subscription to view.
Links to both broadcasts and live stats for both games are available at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVASoftball).
NOTING THE CAVALIERS
• Virginia returns home to face Radford after back-to-back weeks on the road in ACC play with series at North Carolina and Notre Dame.
• Katie Goldberg continues to lead the offense with six home runs, 23 RBI and 34 hits. She is batting at a .272 clip.
• Abby Weaver is on a hot streak for the Cavaliers, having reached base in 11 consecutive games and hitting safely in three straight games. The freshman is batting at a .328 clip entering the week.
• The games against Radford and Liberty are the final two midweek contests on the schedule for Virginia, who will continue ACC play at home this weekend against Syracuse.
• Aly Rayle has continued to perform for the Cavaliers in the circle, striking out 43 batters in 40.2 innings of work.
• Mikayla Houge leads the squad in the circle with 44 strikeouts through 78.0 innings of work and a 3.41 ERA.
A LOOK AT RADFORD
• Radford enters the week with a 14-24 record after dropping a midweek series with Longwood a week ago.
• Sydney Fisher leads the offense with a .370 batting average and has started all 38 games played.
• Madison Canady has a team-leading 26 RBI, while Talia Douglas has a team-leading seven home runs.
• Jessie Marvin has 20 appearances in the circle with a 4.21 ERA and 50 strikeouts in 108.0 innings of work.
THE SERIES WITH RADFORD
• Virginia leads the all-time series with Radford 22-19, though Radford leads 11-10 in games in Charlottesville.
• The Highlanders have won three straight in the series, including a 6-4 win in the 2019 meeting in Radford.
LIBERTY AT A GLANCE
• Liberty enters the week with a 29-12 record after sweeping Lipscomb in a weekend series on the road.
• Kara Canetto leads the team with a .403 batting average and is 12-of-15 in steal attempts this season.
• Amber Bishop has a team-leading 13 home runs and 35 RBI while hitting at a .382 clip this season.
• In the circle, Emily Kirby has a 2.04 ERA through 20 appearances with a 9-4 record and 103 strikeouts.
THE SERIES WITH THE FLAMES
• Virginia and Liberty have faced each other 73 times with the Cavaliers leading the series 47-26 all-time.
• The Flames won the last meeting between the teams, taking a 12-3 victory on April 6 at Palmer Park.
• Virginia leads the all-time series 15-13 in games played in Lynchburg, last winning 4-2 at Liberty in 2015.