CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 7 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (8-6, 3-6 ACC) closes the regular season on Saturday, April 24 when it hosts Virginia Tech (4-10, 0-8 ACC) on Senior Day at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Virginia will honor its 14 seniors prior to Saturday’s game, Lila Barker (Bryn Mawr, Pa.), Charlie Campbell (Lloyd Harbor, N.Y.), Meredith Chapman (Apex, N.C.), Halle Graham (Rockville, Md.), Nina Garfinkel (Hillsborough, Calif.), Chloe Jones (Slingerlands, N.Y.), Jalen Knight (Peachtree City, Ga.), Ashlyn McGovern (Phoenix, Md.) Jillie Quevedo (Pittsford, N.Y.), Katie Railey (Towson, Md.), Taylor Regan (Larchmont, N.Y.), Olivia Schildmeyer (Upper Arlington, Ohio), Gwin Sinnott (Richmond, Va.) and Liza Williamson (Richmond, Va.).
- As a class, they have played in 389 games and has accumulated 36 wins thus far with 21 of those coming over ranked teams.
- Junior Annie Dyson (Alexandria, Va.) was named a Tewaaraton Award Top 25 nominee.
- Regan leads the team with 35 points on 20 goals and 15 assists.
- Chapman is pacing the team with 32 ground balls and 18 caused turnovers.
- UVA and Virginia Tech are meeting for the second time this season.
- The Cavaliers took the first meeting 12-10 on Feb. 27.
- Virginia leads the all-time series 24-2 and is 14-0 in games played in Charlottesville.
- Dyson and McGovern led the team with three goals each in the first meeting this season.
- Dyson also had a career-high draw controls in the game.
ABOUT VIRGINIA TECH
- Virginia Tech is coming off a 15-10 loss at Notre Dame on Wednesday (April 21).
- The Hokies are averaging 10.21 goals per game and 12.00 goals against.
- Sarah Lubnow leads VT with 43 points on 20 goals and 23 assists.
- Abbey Watson has a team-high 30 ground balls and 20 caused turnovers.
- Paige Petty paces the Hokies with 42 draw controls and 35 goals.
Virginia will travel to Chapel Hill, N.C., for the 2021 ACC Championships that begin April 28.