CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia softball team (15-29, 10-23 ACC) closes the regular-season schedule this weekend, traveling to face Georgia Tech (15-25, 7-19 ACC)) in a four-game series at Mewborn Field.
UPDATED SERIES SCHEDULE
Friday, April 30 – 2 p.m./4 p.m. (DH) on ACCNX
Saturday, May 1 – 2 p.m. on ACC Network
Sunday, May 2 – 12 p.m. on ACCNX
HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION
All four games of the weekend series will be broadcast with Saturday’s game broadcast on ACC Network. The other three games will be streamed on ACCNX which is available through the ESPN app to customers who have ACC Network through their television subscription. Live stats are also available for all games and links to the live stats and broadcasts are available at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVASoftball).
NOTING THE CAVALIERS
• Katie Goldberg continues to produce offensively with a team-leading 25 RBI, 21 runs scored and six home runs.
• Arizona Ritchie is coming of a hot offensive weekend against Syracuse, hitting .462 (6-for-13) against the Orange.
• Eight different players have combined for 23 home runs this season for the Cavalier offense.
• Mikayla Houge leads the team with 95.0 innings of work and 52 strikeouts with a 3.18 ERA.
• Houge is coming off the first complete-game shutout of her career in game three of the Syracuse series.
• The bullpen also shined in the Syracuse series, combining for 9.1 scoreless innings in 12.1 innings of relief work.
A LOOK AT GEORGIA TECH
• Tricia Awald leads the Yellow Jackets at the plate with a .395 average and has started all 40 games.
• Cameron Stanford leads the team with 34 RBI, while Awald and Emma Kauf each have nine home runs.
• As a squad, the Yellow Jackets are hitting at a .277 clip with 49 home runs, 189 RBI and 201 runs scored.
• Blake Neleman leads in the circle with a 9-7 record and seven complete games through 78.2 innings of work.
• Neleman has struck out 79 batters and walked 36 while holding teams to a .242 average. She has a 4.63 ERA.
• As a unit, Georgia Tech has a 5.07 ERA with 168 strikeouts and 96 walks. Teams are hitting .303 against them.
THE SERIES WITH THE YELLOW JACKETS
• Virginia and Georgia Tech have faced each other 91 times with the Yellow Jackets leading the series 48-43.
• The Cavaliers lead Georgia Tech 21-19 in games played in Atlanta and last won a series in Atlanta in 2016.
• The teams last met in the 2019 ACC Tournament with the Yellow Jackets taking victory in that meeting.
• Virginia and Georgia Tech played the 2019 series in Atlanta with the Yellow Jackets taking the series 2-1.