CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia women’s lacrosse team (9-8) will play 5-seed Notre Dame (10-6) in the NCAA Second Round on Sunday, May 16 at 1 p.m. at Arlotta Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ESPN3. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
- Virginia is coming off a 19-13 win over UConn in the NCAA First Round on Friday.
- The Cavaliers had 11 different players score goals, which is a season high.
- Virginia held UConn scoreless for 14 minutes in the second half, going on a 7-0 run.
- Junior Annie Dyson (Alexandria, Va.) and freshman Morgan Schwab (Fairport, N.Y.) both had five points in the contest. Dyson had a career-high four goals and Schwab led the team with three assists.
- UVA improved to 38-39 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
- This will be the second meeting between UVA and Notre Dame this season.
- The Irish took the first meeting 12-10. Virginia fought back from a 10-4 deficit to cut it to 11-10 with 6:31 remaining but Notre Dame held on for the win.
- Notre Dame leads the all-time series 6-3 and is 2-1 in games played in Notre Dame, Ind.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME
- Notre Dame topped Robert Morris 16-0 on Friday in the NCAA First Round.
- Nine players scored for the Irish, led by Kasey Choma (3 goals, 1 assist) and Savannah Buchanan (4 assists).
- Notre Dame is averaging 13.75 goals per game and 11.06 goals against.
- Choma leads the team with 41 goals and Andie Aldave has a team-best 75 draw controls.
The winner of Sunday’s game will advance to the NCAA Quarterfinals to face the winner of 4-seed Boston College and Temple.