CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Virginia (2-2-0) hosts UNC Greensboro (3-2-0) in a non-conference tilt on Tuesday, Sept. 14 at 7 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium. The match will be broadcast on ACCNX.
Game Coverage: ACCNX is available to authenticated subscribers of ACC Network via the ESPN App. Links for the live stream and in-game live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also follow the Virginia men’s soccer official twitter account (@UVAMenSoccer) for in-game updates.
Admission: Fans can purchase single-game tickets in advance online at UVATix.com for $5. UVA athletics strongly encourages fans to avoid lines on game day and purchase their tickets online in advance, there are no fees when buying online. Single game tickets will be $10 at the window on game day. Group packages for parties of 20 or more are just $4 per ticket and are available online or over the phone in advance only.
General admission season tickets are also on sale for $25.
- Virginia is coming off a 3-1 loss against ACC opponent Syracuse on Friday night (Sept. 10).
- Virginia currently ranks fourth in the ACC in saves per game with 3.50.
- Sophomore Leo Afonso and junior Andreas Ueland are tied in goals scored on the season with two apiece.
- Freshman Paul Wiese leads Virginia in assists with four total. The defender is currently tied for first in the ACC in total assists.
- Wiese leads the ACC and is tied for second in the NCAA in assists per game (1.00).
- The defensive trio of sophomore Holden Brown, Ueland, and senior Oliver Gerbig have played all 360 regular season minutes for Virginia.
AGAINST UNC GREENSBORO
- Tuesday will be the sixth meeting between Virginia and UNC Greensboro, with their first matchup dating back to September 1984.
- The Cavaliers came out on top in their last matchup against UNCG in a 2-1 overtime victory in the 2013 season.
- UVA leads the series 4-1-0 and is undefeated in Charlottesville with a 4-0-0 record.
- The two sides met in the NCAA tournament in 1994, Virginia won the contest 3-0.
- UNC Greensboro most recently topped the Eagles 6-0 on Saturday (Sept. 11).
- Theo Collomb leads the Spartans with 11 points (5 goals, 1 assist).
- UNCG has had eight different players score goals this season, with 11 assists on 13 goals scored.
- Niclas Wild has 14 saves and a 1.34 goals against average.
Virginia returns to ACC play on Friday, traveling to Virginia Tech for a 7 p.m. contest on ACC Network.