CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 11 seed Virginia men’s soccer team (6-8-3) will play at No. 6 seed Wake Forest (10-5-1) in the ACC Tournament First Round on Wednesday, November 3 at 8 p.m. at Spry Stadium in Winston Salem, N.C.
The game will be broadcast on ACC Network with Dalen Cuff (play-by-play) and Devon Kerr (analyst) on the call.
Game Coverage: Links for the live stream for ACC Network subscribers and in-game live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also follow the Virginia men’s soccer official twitter account (@UVAMenSoccer) for in-game updates.
- Virginia is 2-1-1 in its last four conference matches.
- UVA is 49-20-12 in the ACC Tournament, and 16-0-5 against the Demon Deacons.
- Virginia has advanced to the semifinals in three of the last four tournaments and the finals in two of those.
- UVA and Wake Forest have met in three of the last four ACC Tournaments, with the Cavaliers going 2-1.
- Virginia’s only loss was a 0-0 contest through overtime and ended in six rounds of penalty kicks (4-3).
- The Cavaliers are 6-1-1 when scoring two or more goals in a match this season.
- UVA is coming off a 2-3 overtime loss at No. 13 Duke last Friday (Oct. 29). Defender Will Citron scored his second goal of the season and Leo Afonso notched his eighth.
AGAINST WAKE FOREST
- This will be the 61st meeting between Virginia and Wake Forest.
- UVA holds a 39-13-8 lead in the all-time series and is 23-11-6 under head coach George Gelnovatch.
- The Cavaliers have won the last three contests between the teams, with two of those coming in the ACC Tournament.
- Last season, the teams met in the ACC Quarterfinals. Virginia won 2-0 to advance to the ACC Semifinals.
- Cabrel Happi Kamseu scored both goals for Virginia.
ABOUT WAKE FOREST
- Wake Forest won six of its last seven games to close out the regular season.
- Most recently, the Demon Deacons defeated Syracuse 2-0 on Friday (Oct. 29).
- Wake Forest is third in the ACC in assists per game (2.44) and sixth in scoring offense (2.06).
- Kyle Holcomb leads WF with 20 points on eight goals and four assists. Holcomb is fourth in the ACC in goals per game (0.53) and shot accuracy (.543) and sixth in points per game (1.33).
- Omar Hernandez, Jake Swallen and Roald Mitchell each have four goals.
The winner of Wednesday’s match will advance to the ACC Quarterfinals to play 3-seed Duke on Sunday, November 7 at 2 p.m. in Durham, N.C.