CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 13 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (3-3, 0-1 ACC) returns to ACC action on Sunday, March 6 as it travels to No. 16 Notre Dame (1-4, 0-1 ACC) for a noon opening draw in Notre Dame, Ind.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ACCNX for authenticated ACC Network subscribers. Links for the live stats and live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
AGAINST NOTRE DAME
- Sunday will be the 11th meeting between the two teams.
- UVA trails ND, 3-7, in the series. The teams are 2-2 in games played in Notre Dame, Ind.
- Notre Dame has won the last four games, including two meetings in the 2021 season.
- The Irish knocked Virginia out of the 2021 NCAA Tournament in the second-round last season and edged the Cavaliers, 12-10, on April 3, in Charlottesville.
- Virginia’s last win was a 17-10 victory at Notre Dame on March 17, 2018.
- Virginia is coming off a 23-13 win over then-No. 16 Stanford on Sunday.
- Freshman Rachel Clark leads the team with 24 points, scoring a team-high eight points in the win against Stanford.
- Senior Ashlyn McGovern and freshman Kate Miller both had four goals in the win over Stanford.
- Virginia has held three opponents scoreless in a quarter during this season.
- In UVA’s three wins, the Cavaliers have scored 18 or more goals. UVA’s 23 goals against Stanford are a season high.
- Virginia has had nine or more goal-scorers in three contests.
Virginia returns home for a four-game home stand, starting with Richmond on Wednesday, March 9 at Klöckner Stadium.