CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 14 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (3-4) returns home to host No. 22 Richmond (5-0) in a midweek game on Wednesday, March 9 at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ACCNX for authenticated subscribers of ACC Network. Links for the live stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
- UVA and Richmond are meeting for the 46th time in the series that began in 1976.
- The Cavaliers are 40-4-1 all-time against the Spiders and are 22-2 in games played in Charlottesville.
- Virginia won the most recent meeting, 15-9, on February 19, 2021, at Richmond.
- Richmond took the last game in Charlottesville, 13-12, in overtime on February 26, 2020.
- Prior to the 2020 meeting, UVA had won 14 consecutive games.
- Virginia is averaging 15.71 goals per game, with opponents averaging 13.86 goals per game.
- Freshman Rachel Clark leads the Cavaliers with 26 points, scoring a team-high 22 goals with four assists.
- Senior Ashlyn McGovern has 20 goals with three assists.
- Sophomore Morgan Schwab paces UVA with 13 assists and has 10 goals.
- Junior Jaime Biskup has 14 goals and freshman Kate Miller has added 10.
- Sophomore Aubrey Williams has a team-high 52 draw controls.
- Senior Annie Dyson leads the team with seven caused turnovers and is second with 27 draw controls.
LAST TIME OUT
- UVA is coming off a 12-10 loss at then-No. 16 Notre Dame.
- Biskup, Clark, McGovern and sophomore Mackenzie Hoeg each had two goals in the game.
- Virginia led in shots, shots on goal and ground balls, but Notre Dame had the edge in draw controls and saves.
- The Irish outscored the Cavaliers 3-1 in the first period. Both teams had three goals in each of the remaining periods.
Virginia continues its home-stand on Saturday, March 12 when it hosts No. 3 Syracuse at noon at Klöckner Stadium.