CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 14 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (5-5) returns to action Sunday (March 20) for Senior Day when it hosts No. 21 James Madison (4-4) at 1 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed ACCNX for authenticated subscribers of ACC Network. Links for the live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
Fans can purchase single-game tickets in advance online at UVATix.com for $5. UVA athletics strongly encourages fans to avoid lines on game day and purchase their tickets online in advance, there are no fees when buying online. Single game tickets will be $10 at the window on game day. Group packages for parties of 20 or more are just $4 per ticket and are available online or over the phone in advance only.
- Virginia will honor its eight seniors, Myla Grace Barnett, Courtlynne Caskin, Braeden Dial, Annie Dyson, Nina Garfinkel, Megan Gordon, Lillie Kloak and Ashlyn McGovern, prior to Sunday’s game against JMU.
- Sunday’s game will be the 52nd all-time meeting between Virginia and James Madison.
- The Cavaliers own a 36-14-1 advantage in the series that began in 1977.
- UVA is 16-5-1 in games played in Charlottesville.
- Virginia has won the last two meetings, most recently winning 15-12 at JMU on March 26, 2021.
- The last three games in the series have been played in Harrisonburg. UVA’s last win at home was a 10-9 victory on March 23, 2016.
LAST TIME OUT
- Virginia defeated Pitt, 17-7, in the first meeting between the two programs.
- It was UVA’s fourth win by 10 or more goals this season.
- Senior Ashlyn McGovern led UVA with a career-best seven goals. Her seven goals ties for the seventh-most in a single-game in UVA history.
- Freshman Rachel Clark had six points with four goals and two assists.
- Graduate student Megan Gordon led UVA with a career-high four caused turnovers.
- Sophomore Maggie Bostain had a team-high three ground balls.
Virginia goes on the road for two ACC contests, first traveling to Louisville on Saturday, March 26 for a noon game in Louisville, Ky.