CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia softball team (18-11) comes home for a single midweek contest when the Cavaliers host Liberty (17-12) in a 7 p.m. contest at Palmer Park on Tuesday (March 22).
HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION
The game will be broadcast on the ACC Network and and streamed through the ESPN app and ESPN.com. Live stats are also available and links to both the stream and live stats are available at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVASoftball).
Due to the men’s basketball game at John Paul Jones Arena on Tuesday night, softball fans can park in the JPJ South Lot on a first come, first served basis.
NOTING THE HOOS
• UVA is coming off a series sweep at NC State, pushing the Hoos to 5-1 in ACC play – the best start since 2010.
• The Hoos allowed only four runs on six hits in the weekend series against the Wolfpack.
• Katie Goldberg hit .556 in the series with four runs scored and a home run in the three-game set.
• Tori Gilbert moved into the team lead in home runs (7) with two against the Wolfpack this past weekend.
• Sarah Coon continues to lead the team at the plate with a .350 average, four home runs and 21 RBI.
• The Virginia defense has been stellar this season and ranks fifth nationally with a .983 fielding percentage.
• Aly Rayle was clutch for the Cavaliers at NC State, surrendering two runs on three hits and striking out 14 through her two appearances. She picked up a win and a save in those two outings.
LAST TIME OUT AGAINST THE FLAMES
• Virginia and Liberty met in Lynchburg on March 1 with the Flames picking up the 6-2 victory.
• The Cavaliers had chances, loading the bases in the second and third inning, getting a single run each time.
• Abby Weaver and Bailey Winscott both tallied two hits in the game, with Gabby Baylog and Arizona Ritchie delivering the RBI for the Hoos.
• Liberty scored two runs in the first and used a three-run fourth inning to grab the lead back in the first meeting.
UP NEXT FOR THE HOOS
Virginia will return to the road in ACC play this weekend, traveling to face Boston College in a three-game series. The series kicks off on Friday (March 25) with a 3 p.m. contest. Game two is set for 1 p.m. on Saturday and the finale is set for noon on Sunday. All three games will be streamed on ACCNX.