CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia softball team (21-12) returns to action at home on Tuesday (March 29) when the Cavaliers host Longwood (12-18) in a 5 p.m. contest at Palmer Park. The game against the Lancers kicks off an eight-game homestand for the Cavaliers.
HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION
Tuesday’s game will be streamed on ACCNX and is available through the ESPN app and WatchESPN.com. Live stats will also be available for the game. Links to both the stream and live stats are at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVASoftball).
NOTING THE HOOS
• Virginia is off to the program’s best ACC start in program history with an 8-1 mark in conference play.
• The Hoos have won three straight ACC series for the first time since the 2010 season.
• Virginia swept consecutive three-game series for the first time in program history and swept two ACC series for the first time since the 2019 season.
• Freshman Sarah Coon continues to lead the Hoos at the plate with a .326 batting average this season and a team-leading .426 on base percentage.
• Tori Gilbert hit a pair of home runs over the weekend to take her season total to nine to lead the squad.
• Katie Goldberg moved into the team lead in RBI over the weekend and now was 23 for the season as one of three Cavaliers with more than 20 RBI.
• Madison Harris moved into the team lead in saves with four after picking up a pair of saves this past weekend in the series sweep at Boston College.
• The Virginia defense continues to rank among the nation’s best, coming in at fourth nationally with a .982 fielding percentage.
THE SERIES WITH LONGWOOD
• Virginia and Longwood have faced each other 37 times in the history of the two programs.
• The Lancers lead the all-time series with the Cavaliers 21-16 and have won four straight going back to 2017.
• The teams split a doubleheader in 2016 at Longwood and five of the last six games have come on the road.
• This is the first meeting between the two teams in Charlottesville since the 2018 season and first at Palmer Park.
ON DECK FOR THE HOOS
• Virginia continues to play at home this weekend with a three-game series against No. 2 Florida State.
• Tickets remain available for the Florida State series and can be purchased at UVATix.com.
• Saturday’s game will be the team’s Strike Out Cancer game to raise awareness in the fight against cancer.
• Sunday’s game is Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Day to celebrate our season ticket holders at Palmer Park.