CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia men’s and women’s squash teams hosts a pair of top-10 matchups this weekend, playing Yale on Saturday (Nov 12) and Columbia Sunday (Nov. 13) at the McArthur Squash Center.
HOW TO WATCH
- Live scoring will be available through Clublocker. Links are posted on VirginiaSports.com
- Both will be a 3-court system match
- Virginia’s men opened the season with a 9-0 sweep over Navy on Tuesday night.
- Freshman JP Tew made his collegiate debut at the two position to win 3-0 against Navy.
- UVA’s top four positions on the ladder did not play in the season-opener.
- The Cavaliers return three of their top four positions and add freshman Kareem El Torkey.
- Senior Aly Hussein is ranked No. 74 in the Universal Squash Rating.
IN THE RANKINGS
- Yale’s men are No. 4 in the CSA poll and Columbia comes in at No. 9 on the men’s side.
- The Cavaliers are 1-3 all-time against Yale and 1-3 all-time against Columbia.
- In the meeting last season, Hussein, Omar El Torkey and Myles McIntyre all picked up wins against Yale
- Hussein and Omar El Torkey were joined by Cullen Little with wins against Columbia.
Both teams host Penn on Friday, November 18, before the men play Western Ontario and the women play Stanford on Sunday, November 20.