CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 7 Virginia women’s squash team will play two matches on Saturday (Feb. 4) to begin play at the 2023 MASC Championships at the McArthur Squash Center.
HOW TO FOLLOW
- Links for live results and live streams will be available on VirginiaSports.com
- The Cavaliers will play Stanford at 11 a.m. and Dickinson at 4 p.m. on Saturday.
ABOUT THESE HOOS
- Olivia Walsh continues her winning season with a 7-0 record, predominantly playing at the No. 4 position on the ladder.
- Emma Jinks is 5-3 on the season, having won her last five matches with three of those at the No. 2 position.
- Nicolina Tessitore is 5-1 in her last six matches, including winning her last three. Her only loss in that span was a five-game match against Drexel’s Doxey Loupassi.
- Maureen Foley is 4-1 in her last five matches, winning her last two. Foley’s only loss was a five-game match against Drexel.
- Meagan Best has played all nine matches at the No. 1 spot. Best is 5-1 in her last six matches with the lone loss a five-game match against Drexel.
- This will be the first meeting between UVA and Stanford, with the Cardinal just joining the MASC this season.
- UVA and Dickinson met earlier this season as Virginia took a 9-0 win at home.
- The Cavaliers have a 6-1 advantage in the series and have won the last six matches. UVA is also 3-0 in MASC Championship games.
The championship match for the MASC will be played at noon on Sunday (Feb. 5) at the McArthur Squash Center.