CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 6 Virginia men’s squash team defeated MIT 9-0 on Saturday morning to move to 2-0 in the MASC Squash Championship and advance to the final on Sunday at noon at the McArthur Squash Center.
The Cavaliers had their second sweep of the weekend and did not drop a game in the match against MIT.
CJ Baldini picked up the first win of the morning for UVA with a 3-0 decision at six. He was followed just a minute later by Evan Hajek’s 3-0 victory at the seven position. No. 1 on the ladder for UVA, Aly Hussein, made it 3-0 with is sweep. Taha Dinana and Patrick Keller clinched the match with wins at three and nine to close out the first wave of players.
Virginia’s second wave included wins from Cullen Little at the five, Omar El Torkey at the two and JP Tew at the four. Myles McIntyre closed out the 9-0 day with his win at eight.
No. 6 Virginia 9, MIT 0
- | Aly Hussein (UVA) def. Eli Kramer (MIT) 11-3, 14-12, 11-5
- | Omar El Torkey (UVA) def. Philip Hyun Su Price (MIT) 11-2, 11-3, 11-2
- | Taha Dinana (UVA) def. Collin Wen (MIT) 11-4, 11-5, 11-5
- | JP Tew (UVA) def. Robert Albani (MIT) 11-5, 11-6, 11-8
- | Cullen Little (UVA) def. Nikhil Kakarla (MIT) 11-8, 11-6, 11-4
- | CJ Baldini (UVA) def. Mitav Nayak (MIT) 11-1, 11-1, 11-3
- | Evan Hajek (UVA) def. Yos Wagenmans (MIT) 11-1, 11-4, 11-6
- | Myles McIntyre (UVA) def. Lars Barkman (MIT) 11-6, 11-4, 11-5
- | Patrick Keller (UVA) def. Stephen Shin (MIT) 11-4, 11-0, 11-5