CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 8 Virginia women’s squash team (10-4) will play three matches on the road this weekend, playing No. 9 Penn on Friday (Feb. 10) at 4 p.m. in Philadelphia, at No. 3 Princeton on Saturday (Feb. 11) at noon and No. 5 Cornell on Sunday (Feb. 12) at 2 p.m. in Philadelphia.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Links for the live results are available on VirginiaSports.com.
ABOUT THESE HOOS
- Virginia is coming off the MASC Championship last weekend as the Cavaliers finished runner-up after falling to No. 4 Drexel, 6-3, in the championship match.
- UVA defeated Stanford 9-0 and Dickinson 8-0 to advance to the finals.
- Meagan Best, Lina Tammam and Olivia Walsh all won their matches against Drexel and went 2-0 on the weekend.
- Sydney Maxwell and Maureen Foley played in all three matches for the Cavaliers, going 2-1 over the weekend.
- This will be the third meeting between UVA and Penn. The Cavaliers won their first in the series with a 5-4 victory on Nov. 19, 2021, at Penn.
- It is the second straight season the teams will play at Penn.
- UVA and Princeton are meeting for the sixth time.
- The Cavaliers are 0-4 all-time against the Tigers.
- The last meeting was a 6-3 loss in the CSA Championship on Feb. 26, 2022.
- This will be the seventh meeting for UVA and Cornell.
- Virginia has a 4-2 advantage in the series and has won three straight.
- The last meeting was a 5-4 victory on Nov. 21, 2021.
Virginia will travel to Philadelphia, Pa., for the 2023 College Squash Association Women’s National Championships Feb. 17-19.