CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 13 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (1-0) will play UC Davis (0-0) on Sunday (Feb. 12) at Palo Alto High School at 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Links for the live stats will be available on VirginiaSports.com.
ABOUT THESE HOOS
- Virginia is coming off a 14-11 win over No. 14 Stanford on Friday.
- The Cavaliers had eight different goal scorers including three with hat tricks.
- UVA battled back from a 3-0 deficit to start the game.
- Virginia outscored Stanford 10-5 in the second half to take the win.
- UVA attackers scored 12 of UVA’s goals.
- Graduate student Ashlyn McGovern led the team with four goals.
- Sophomore Rachel Clark had three goals and one assist and junior Morgan Schwab dished out three assists and added one goal.
- Senior Jaime Biskup scored three goals and sophomore Kate Miller added a goal.
ON THE DRAW
- Junior Aubrey Williams made her return to the draw circle, leading UVA with five draws in the contest.
- Junior Devon Whitaker was second on the team with four draw controls and Darby Welsh added two.
AGAINST UC DAVIS
- This will be the first meeting between Virginia and UC Davis.
- Graduate student transfers Annika Meyer and Darby Welsh and junior transfer Kacy Hogarth made their UVA debuts for the Cavaliers.
- Freshman Nicole Cruthirds made her collegiate debut and started on defense for the Cavaliers.
Virginia will remain on the road, playing at No. 15 Princeton in Princeton, N.J.