PRINCETON, N.J. – The No. 8 Virginia women’s squash team (11-5) fell 7-2 at No. 3 Princeton (8-2) on Saturday morning in Princeton, N.J.
Virginia’s wins came at the one and seven positions. Meagan Best earned her sixth consecutive win with a 3-1 victory at No. 1. Best dropped the first game but bounced back with three-straight wins for the 3-1 victory.
Maureen Foley battled for a 3-2 win at No. 7. Foley won the first two games, including a 13-11 win in the first game. Princeton’s Olivia Robinson won the next two games to send it to a tie-breaking fifth game. Foley clinched the win with an 11-9 win.
Maria Moya fell in her first game but came back to win the next two to lead 2-1. Princeton’s Andrea Toth won the fourth game to force a fifth. Moya fell in a tight game, 14-12, to drop her match 3-2 at two.
Lina Tammam won her first game at three but fell in the next three for a 3-1 loss. Olivia Walsh suffered her first loss of the season at the five position. Walsh won the second and fourth games to send the match to a fifth but eventually fell 3-2.
UVA’s Emma Jinks, Nicolina Tessitore, Eliza Mills an Nasreen Hashmi fell at four, eight, nine and 10, respectively.
No. 3 Princeton 7, No. 8 Virginia 2
- | Meagan Best (UVA) def. Molly Chadwick (PRIN) 8-11, 11-7, 11-2, 11-7
- | Andrea Toth (PRIN) def. Maria Moya (UVA) 13-11, 9-11, 7-11, 11-8, 14-12
- | Liyen Teoh (PRIN) def. Lina Tammam (UVA) 6-11, 12-10, 11-7, 11-7
- | Caroline Spahr (PRIN) def. Emma Jinks (UVA) 11-7, 11-9, 11-9
- | Charlotte Bell (PRIN) def. Olivia Walsh (UVA) 11-8, 8-11, 11-6, 9-11, 11-8
- | India Stephenson (PRIN) def. Sydney Maxwell (UVA) 11-6, 11-8, 11-6
- | Maureen Foley (UVA) def. Olivia Robinson (PRIN) 13-11, 11-8, 4-11, 10-12, 11-9
- | Katherine Glaser (PRIN) def. Nicolina Tessitore (UVA) 11-4, 11-3, 11-5
- | Abigail Schuster (PRIN) def. Eliza Mills (UVA) 11-7, 11-1, 14-12
EXH | Lucy Stephenson (PRIN) def. Nasreen Hashmi (UVA) 11-9, 11-8, 11-6