PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – The No. 5 Virginia women’s squash team closed out the 2023 season with a 5-4 loss to No. 3 Princeton on Sunday afternoon at the Arlen Specter Center. Virginia finished fourth in the CSA Championship.
Meagan Best won all three of her matches at the No. 1 position during UVA’s run in the CSA Championships. Best finished the weekend with a 3-0 win over Princeton’s Molly Chadwick.
Lina Tammam picked up a 3-1 victory at the No. 3 position. Tammam won the first two games, fell in the third, then rallied for an 11-4 win to take the match.
Olivia Walsh continued her winning ways with a 3-0 performance during the CSA Championships as well. Walsh dropped just one match all season for the Cavaliers. She won 3-0 on Sunday at the five position.
Julia Curran earned a 3-1 win at nine. She won the first game 11-1 before falling 11-6 in the second. Curran closed out the match with wins in the third and fourth games.
No. 3 Princeton 5, No. 5 Virginia 4
- | Meagan Best (UVA) def. Molly Chadwick (PRIN) 11-9, 11-5, 11-6
- | Andrea Toth (PRIN) def. Maria Moya (UVA) 12-14, 3-11, 11-4, 13-11, 11-1
- | Lina Tammam (UVA) def. Liyen Teoh (PRIN) 11-6, 13-11, 1-11, 11-4
- | Caroline Spahr (PRIN) def. Emma Jinks (UVA) 11-7, 11-9, 11-6
- | Olivia Walsh (UVA) def. Charlotte Bell (11-9, 11-7, 11-4
- | India Stephenson (PRIN) def. Sydney Maxwell (UVA) 11-6, 11-6, 12-10
- | Olivia Robinson (PRIN) def. Maureen Foley (UVA) 13-11, 11-6, 11-13, 12-10
- | Katherine Glaser (PRIN) def. Nicolina Tessitore (UVA) 11-5, 11-4, 11-5
- | Julia Curran (UVA) def. Abigail Schuster (PRIN) 11-1, 6-11, 11-9, 11-8