CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 5 Virginia men’s squash team (13-4) being the 2023 CSA National Collegiate Men’s Squash Team Championships on Friday (Feb. 24), facing No. 4 Yale at 3 p.m. at the Ferris Athletic Center in Hartford, Conn.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Links for live results and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com.
ABOUT THESE HOOS
- Aly Hussein leads the Cavaliers with a 13-1 record at the No. 1 position on the ladder. Hussein has won his last 11 matches of the season. In the first match he appeared in, Hussein topped Yale’s Siow Yee Xian 3-0.
- Cullen Little had an 11-match win streak snapped in UVA’s loss to No. 1 Penn on Feb. 16. Little is 8-1 at the No. 5 position for UVA.
- Taha Dinana had a 10-match win streak at the No. three position before dropping a match at No. 3 Princeton. Dinana is 11-3 on the season.
- UVA and Yale are meeting for the second time this season and fifth time overall.
- The meeting this season was a 6-3 win for Yale, one of UVA’s four losses on the season.
- The Cavaliers are 1-3 all-time against the Bulldogs.
- UVA three wins came at the one, two and six positions. Hussein won 3-0, Omar El Torkey picked up a 3-0 win at two and Myles McIntyre battled for a 3-1 win at six.
The winner of Friday’s match will advance to the CSA Semifinals to face the winner of No. 1 Harvard and No. 8 Cornell on Saturday (Feb. 25).