PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – Virginia men’s and women’s squash finished the second day of competition at the 2023 CSA Individual Championships on Saturday at the Arlen Specter Center.
Seven Cavaliers had advanced to the semifinal round of competition on Saturday. Of the seven, Maureen Foley and Lina Tammam both won to advance to the finals of their respective brackets.
Tammam won her semifinal matchup with Erica McGillicuddy (Columbia) in straight games. She will face the Holleran East bracket 1- seed Hannah Chukwu (Trinity) for the title at 11:20 a.m on Sunday.
Foley earned a 3-0 victory over Columbia’s Elizabeth Lentz in the Holleran North Consolation bracket and will play Drexel’s Moa Bonnemark at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday.
- Aly Hussein fell in three games to Mohamed Sharaf in the semifinals. Hussein earned First Team All-America honors for being selected for the A Division bracket.
- Omar El Torkey also earned Second Team All-America honors as an A Division selection.
- JP Tew fell 3-0 in the Molloy South B Division bracket to Luis Moncada (Rochester) in the semifinals.
- Meagan Best earned First Team All-America honors with her top four finish in the Ramsay A Division bracket. She fell in the semifinals on Saturday to Cornell’s Sivasangari Subramaniam.
- Maria Moya fell 3-0 in the semifinals to Trinity’s Lujan Palacios.
- Olivia Walsh fell in the semifinals 3-1 to Cornell’s Aishwarya Khuchandani.